In 1906 the church was lit by clear paned windows in diamond shaped designs that had not changed from the time the church was built in 1849
In 1906, the church renovated its interior. The Daily Star, October 31, 1906 wrote, “The body of the church has been frescoed throughout. The wainscoting is a Nile green, the walls the yellow green now the favorite color of some of the principal church decorators in the country."
From 1907-1917, the clear glass would give way to stained glass windows that transformed the interior as did the 1906 renovation. These were memorial windows remembering church parishioners. While the 1906 changes would be altered over time, the windows gave the church a modern appearance and affected the light within the church.